Chombueng Marathon 2019
The event is Sunday 20th January 2019 at Muban Chombueng Rajabhat University, GPS 13.620795, 99.587971.
Marathon, Half marathon and Mini marathon
Chombueng Marathon has been accepted by health-concerned runners across the country. The event was initiated in 1985 by a group of instructors of Chombueng Village Institute as they had particular interest in running for health, with Acharn Narong Tiammek and Acharn Somjit Sangapun as the initiators. At that time, there were less than 100 participants. The registration fee was 20 baht per person. Numbers of running were made from raw cotton and were written with oil colors. The running distance was 10 km., starting at Khao Bin Cave and ending at Jom Pol Cave. From that day on, the small running event in Chombueng was held regularly in the third week of January until it has become a tradition of Chombueng inhabitants as well as runners for health all over the country as per the remarks stated that “Those who have never run at Chombueng, they are not genuine runners.” Since 1992 on, numbers of participants increased more than 5,000 every year, and that was quite a lot that time. Then, in 1989, 21.1 km. was added to the event, and thus the name of the event was changed to “Chombueng Half Marathon.” In 1999, the year that H.M. the King reached 72 years of age, the race committee determined another new race distance at 42.195 km. which led to the name revision as “Chombueng Marathon”, which has been called up until present.
A large number of runners regard Chombueng Marathon as the prototype of running race, because its party among athletes on Saturday evening before the race on the next day. Because a lot of runners have to travel there and stay overnight, and are not convenient to go out for dinner, the mentioned party impress everyone joining the event.
Thai Health Promotion Foundation (Thai Health) has been the main supporter of Chombueng Marathon continually since 2001. Therefore, the upcoming race is entitled “Thai Health Chombueng Marathon.”
Up until now, Chombueng Marathon does not belong to only a certain agency, but is regarded as a race for public consisting of several pillars, i.e. Muban Chombueng Rajabhat University as the first one (including Muban Chombueng Rajabhat University Alumni Association, Muban Chombueng Rajabhat University Promotion Affairs Committee Members, faculty, staff, and students); Chombueng Village Institute Foundation as the second one; local communities as the third (including Chombueng District, Somdej Phra Yupparaj Chombueng Hospital, Chombueng Police Station, The Central Literature Botanic Garden, Chombueng Subdistrict Municipality, Chombueng Subdistrict Administrative Organization, Berkprai Subdistrict Administrative Organization, Ratchaburi Provincial Adminitrative Organization, schools, municipal communities, subdistrict headmen, village headmen, etc); and runners as the fourth pillar (through diverse networks, e.g. Jogging Run Club Federation of Thailand, Western Running for Health Club, other running clubs, volunteer runner groups such as pacer group, sweeper group, fancy group, medical group, income providing group, etc., including representative runners from the committee of Thai Race License Standards). Muban Chombueng Rajabhat University also acts as the center of all concerned coordination so as to reflect achievements of Chombueng Village, which is viewed as “Folks’ tradition with international standards.” The assembly of all stated 4 pillars is expected to be the model of building sustainability to Chombueng Marathon in the future.
Muban Chombueng Rajabhat University was established in B.E. 1954 under the name “Chombueng Village Institute.” In 2004, H.M. the King officially endorsed to sign his title in Rajabhat University Act, affecting all Rajabhat institutes to alter their status as Rajabhat universities since 15 June 2004. Now, Muban Chombueng Rajabhat University is under management of Assistant Professor Dr.Chairit Siladej, current Dean, with 5 faculties, namely, Faculty of Education; Faculty of Science and Technology; Faculty of Management Science; Faculty of Humanities and Social Science; and College of Muay Thai Study and Thai Traditional Medicine.
Chombueng Marathon 2018 created the new registration statistic. Apart from full numbers of registered participants, the total numbers of marathon athletes raised up twice as much as the previous year, and also more than other distances. Besides, it could be noticed that female athlete group was higher as well.
There was initiative to enhance the race standard. For example, in the aspect of conducting the race, there was the official measurement of marathon and half marathons distances by the expert from IAAF. The distance of mini marathorn was also adjusted to full 10 km. The race was approved to be organized in line with the rules & regulations of IAAF and AAA under the control of AAT. Moreover, the instructions from the committee of Thai Race License Standards were manipulated in the race, too (sponsored by Thai Health and Jogging Run Club Federation of Thailand).
The effort to strengthen the security on the race course was excellently collaborated by police officers and passers-by. The traffic routes could be closed over 90%.
Online registration will be opened from Thursday 20th September 2018, 9:00 Hr. to Saturday 22nd September 2018, 9:00 Hr. No registration payment required, if number of applications exceed the limit announced, the lottery system will be applied. The organizer will announce lottery results through email on 22nd September 2018 13:30 hr.
- In the case that number of applications are less than announced. They are all candidate of the race.
- Lottery registration applied, if number of applications are more than announce.
- The organizer will announce lottery results through email on 22nd September 2018.
- Candidates who receive lottery result notification must pay for the registration fee between 22nd -24th September 2018.
- Candidates with late/delayed payment shall be deemed as waiving their right to join the race.
- Names of Candidates must match those presented in ID cards. In case of foreign candidates, names must match those presented in passports.
- Ages of candidates must not below the determined ages:
• Candidates of marathon and half marathon must possess dates of birth before 1st January 2002.
• Candidates of mini marathon and half marathon must possess dates of birth before 1st January 2007.
8. The calculation of age groups is basically done by substracting years of birth from 2019
9. For more information, please see the Race Rule.
- Cut-off time:
• Marathon 7 hrs.
• Half-marathon 4 hrs.
• Mini-marathon 3 hrs.
2. Medals and finisher tee are for runners who reach the finish line before cut-off time.
3. The displayed photos are merely used as examples. Any alterations are subjected to be taken as appropriate by the organizer.
1. Distance Type: Winners of marathon, half marathon, and mini marathon (overall) both male and female with Thai nationality will be awarded trophies from HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. 2. Age Group Type: Top 10 winners of marathon, male/female will be awarded honors cups. Top 5 winners of half marathon, and mini marathon, male/female will be awarded honors cups. Winners of distance type cannot be repeatedly awarded in age group type.
1. Distance Type:
Winners of marathon, half marathon, and mini marathon (overall) both male and female with Thai nationality will be awarded trophies from HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.
2. Age Group Type:
Top 10 winners of marathon, male/female will be awarded honors cups.
Top 5 winners of half marathon, and mini marathon, male/female will be awarded honors cups.
Winners of distance type cannot be repeatedly awarded in age group type.